Summer Solstice Yoga, Foraging And Hiking Retreat In The Brecon Beacons
June 21, 2024 @ 7:30 pm - June 23, 2024 @ 3:00 pm£475
Over the 2024 Summer Solstice weekend, we will be reconnecting with the natural world and the beauty of the Brecon Beacons through Yin Yoga practices, Hiking the Amazing Waterfalls, Foraging, Wild Swimming, Sauna time, optional Aromatherapy Massage and generally having a wonderful reset. Your home for the weekend will be a wonderful bunkhouse situated in the centre of the world-famous waterfalls area of the Brecon Beacons National Park, where you will be treated to the most delicious home-cooked food.
- 7.30pm Hike Pen y Fan, the highest mountain in Southern Britain, for sunset, OR, you make your way directly to the accommodation
- 11pm arrive at accommodation
- 11pm welcome meditation over hot choc and Welsh cakes
- 7.30am-9am yoga: wake up and warm up for the day
- 9-10am slow breakfast and downtime
- 10am walk / foraging waterfalls
- 1pm sandwich lunch and swim at last waterfall of the day
- 2pm-5pm sauna – groups in shifts and / or downtime
- 2pm-5pm optional 30 minute massage treatment for an additional £25
- 5pm-6.30pm yoga: stretch and relax
- 5pm-6.30pm optional 30 minute massage treatment for an additional £25
- 6.30pm dinner
- 8pm fire pit / drinks and nibbles
- 7.30am-8.30am yoga: wake up and warm up for the day
- 8.30am-9am breakfast
- 9am walk to the most dramatic waterfalls of the weekend
- 12.30pm-1.30pm yoga: stretch and relax after walking and reflect on the weekend
- 12.30pm-1.30pm optional 30 minute massage treatment for an additional £25
- 2pm-3pm lunch
- 3pm Say goodbye to your new friends and travel home.
We have a 19 bed bunkhouse with the weekend being limited to twelve people, so, plenty of space. Room 1 with 11 singles, room 2 with 4 singles and room 3 downstairs with 2 bunkbeds. You will have to share but then this is what this weekend is all about. Mountains and forests can be seen from every window. Watch the sun come up and enjoy the amazing Dark Sky Experience at night.
Book this accommodation for your event or get together here – https://www.bunkhouse-south-wales.co.uk/
The weekend is fully catered from snacks available on the Friday evening through to Sunday lunchtime. Quality and local home cooked food catering to all requirements. There is a kitchen available for guests to make use of too.
Graham – Graham has over 40 years experience walking and climbing in many parts of the world. His signature walk is his ‘Foraging and Waterfalls’ walk. Foraging and bushcraft has been a keen interest for Graham for over 30 years.
Andy – Andy is the owner of Wales Outdoors and is an active guided walks leader as well as the workhorse behind the website and the online community. He is also an aromatherapist and will be offering massages over the course of the weekend.
Vicky – My classes are ‘functional’ rather than ‘aesthetic’, meaning I encourage you to focus on what you feel in your body rather than the shapes you are making. I look at everyone as individuals with distinct bodies and minds, and help you adapt your practice so it is uniquely yours. My sessions encompass the physical, energetic, emotional and mental elements of yoga. As well as the poses themselves, expect to find meditation and pranayama – key elements to a balanced practice. You will also learn more about the crossroads between yoga and the ancient Chinese ‘meridian theory’, and how you can bring it into both your practice and everyday life.
Kate – I started walking with Wales Outdoors in November 2018, have been away to Tenerife and Knoydart in Scotland as well as others, with the group. My personal favourites are mountain or coastal or waterfalls days (especially if there’s chance to strip off and get in the sea or a lake!) You’ll see me on most weekend walks lending Andy a hand and usually with our trusty sidekick Mali the lurcher.
Mali – This is what Mali has to say about herself: ‘Woof woof, growl, ppffttt, arghhh, woof!’