Between January and October 2022 Andy will be leading 9 day long hill walks taking in all of the 2000ft peaks of the BBNP (Brecon Beacons National Park).
Between January and October 2022 Andy will be leading 9 day long hill walks taking in all of the 2000ft peaks of the BBNP (Brecon Beacons National Park). He last delivered these as a series of walks for this group in 2017, attempting in 2020 but something got in the way, and prior to that, ‘back in the day’, when he was a part time warden and guided walks and volunteer co-ordinator for the BBNP.
Starting in the west the walks will trend eastwards. From Moel Gornach in the west to The Black Mountain (South Top) in the east is the road that we’ll travel. You can join one or a few or all of these fine mountain walks.
Look out for Andy’s Beacons Way trek, taking in roughly the same peaks but in reverse order and as a week long backpacking trip. Join him on this if you’re up for it!
- Moel Gornach & Garreg Las – 13.2km (distance) + 471m (ascent)
- Waun Lefrith, Picws Du, Fan Brycheiniog & Fan Hir – 19km + 966m
- Fan Gyhirwch, Fan Fraith, Fan Nedd – 20.2km + 760m
- Craig Cerrig Gleisiad, Fan Frynich, Fan Llia & Fan Fawr – 16.5km + 727m
- Y Gyrn, Corn Du, Pen y Fan & Cribyn – 12km + 980m
- Allt Lwyd, Waun Rydd, Bwlch y Ddwyallt & Fan y Big – 18km + 1020m
- Cefn yr Ystrad – 17km & 585m
- Pen Cerrig-Calch, Pen Allt-Mawr, Pen Twyn Glas, Mynydd Llysiau, Waun Fach, Pen y Gadair Fawr & Pen Twyn Mawr – 27km + 1080m
- Chwarel y Fan, Rhos Dirion, Twmpa & Black Mountain N and S – 23km + 865m
If this event is SOLD OUT do search the programme for other great events with availability.
This walk will be led by Andy Lamb who has been a Brecon Beacons National Park Part Time Warden and BBNP Volunteer and Guided Walks Co-ordinator, Chair of Brecon Beacons Tourism, a D of E and The Princes Trust Co-ordinator in Powys, in RCT and in Merthyr Tydfil and is currently the owner of Wales Outdoors. Andy is a Mountain Leader with nearly 30 years of guiding in Wales and further afield experience. You’ll have an informative, fun and memorable day 🙂
Height Gain : 471m Distance : 13km Time : 6hrs
What to bring
Warm layers and waterproofs essential
Blaen Llia Car Park
We recommend ‘What3Words’ to locate the start point ///elders.reapply.paddlers