Or let’s go nutty on the Nuttall’s
Between January and October 2022 Andy will be leading 9 day long hill walks taking in all of the 2000ft peaks of the BBNP (Brecon Beacons National Park). He last delivered these as a series of walks for this group in 2017, attempting in 2020 but something got in the way, and prior to that, ‘back in the day’, when he was a part time warden and guided walks and volunteer co-ordinator for the BBNP.
Starting in the west the walks will trend eastwards. From Moel Gornach in the west to The Black Mountain (South Top) in the east is the road that we’ll travel. You can join one or a few or all of these fine mountain walks.
Look out for Andy’s Beacons Way trek, taking in roughly the same peaks but in reverse order and as a week long backpacking trip. Join him on this if you’re up for it!
- 9th January – Moel Gornach & Garreg Las – 13.2km (distance) + 471m (ascent)
- 13th February – Waun Lefrith, Picws Du, Fan Brycheiniog & Fan Hir – 19km + 966m
- 6th March – Fan Gyhirwch, Fan Fraith, Fan Nedd – 20.2km + 760m
- 10th April – Craig Cerrig Gleisiad, Fan Frynich, Fan Llia & Fan Fawr – 16.5km + 727m
- 8th May – Y Gyrn, Corn Du, Pen y Fan & Cribyn – 12km + 980m
- 12th June – Allt Lwyd, Waun Rydd, Bwlch y Ddwyallt & Fan y Big – 18km + 1020m
- 10th July – Cefn yr Ystrad – 17km & 585m
- 11th September – Pen Cerrig-Calch, Pen Allt-Mawr, Pen Twyn Glas, Mynydd Llysiau, Waun Fach, Pen y Gadair Fawr & Pen Twyn Mawr – 27km + 1080m
- 9th October – Chwarel y Fan, Rhos Dirion, Twmpa & Black Mountain N and S – 23km + 865m
This walk will be led by Andy Lamb who has been a Brecon Beacons National Park Part Time Warden and BBNP Volunteer and Guided Walks Co-ordinator, Chair of Brecon Beacons Tourism, a D of E and The Princes Trust Co-ordinator in Powys, in RCT and in Merthyr Tydfil and is currently the owner of Wales Outdoors. Andy is a Mountain Leader with 30 years of guiding in Wales and further afield experience. You’ll have an informative, fun and memorable day 🙂